Module 103 – Desire: Cravings Guide You to Contentment
Class 3-4 What the Soul Needs
Reading: Ch. 5 p. 125-131;
Meditation in book and audiobook: Soul’s Needs p. 127 (Track 149 – Exercise 20)
Are you becoming more familiar and comfortable with this strong emotion called desire? Can you begin to find safety in controlling desire by allowing it to do its job? This fourth lesson with desire brings us to the possibility of fulfilling its sole purpose: to live fulfilled and therefore desire-less. Not to do away with desire but to move from temporary enjoyment to the ability to access unbroken joy that is dependent on no physical situation. Our post – survival needs can all be filled with non-physical qualities. There is no limit to the supply. In our personal and spiritual development we want to continually graduate to subtler needs, the needs of the soul.
Please allow a moment for the video to load. Click on the video image to pause.
For 9-month Group Course students:
- ASAP: Watch the Video. Take time to note your experiences via the questions at the end of the meditations.
- Daily: Continue the meditation indicated in bold daily until you begin next week’s meditation.
- Read assigned pages from the book or listen on the audiobook.
- The night before the call: Send me an email with your study sheet answers or send me an email check in report about your week, the material and meditation.
- Meet together on the phone Wednesdays at 4:30 pm PST. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/975391878 Or Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll), Then Dial Meeting ID: 975 391 878.
- The recording of the call will appear on the website within 48 hours of the class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the URL to your group’s page which will have the links to all past calls.
I look forward to hearing about your progress.