Module 105 – Depression: Giver of Rest, Hope, and Help
Class 5-1 When Things Don’t Go Your Way: The Value of Apathy
Reading Ch.7 p.172-182;
Meditation in book and audiobook: Experience p,177 (Track 206 – Exercise 28), Wit’s End p.181 (Track 211 – Exercise 29)
Introduction – In contrast to the high-energy emotions of Fear, Desire and Anger, Depression – though it can be intense – achieves its purpose through the loss of energy. Depression’s strategy is to stop and give up so you can move on from a losing game and win. It’s dark energy forces you to relax, review and renew. Ultimately it can help you find your Higher Power. Let’s see how well you can learn to work with this very common emotion.
Please allow a moment for the video to load. Click on the video image to pause.
For 9-month Group Course students:
- ASAP: Watch the Video. Take time to note your experiences via the questions at the end of the meditations.
- Daily: Continue the meditation indicated in bold daily until you begin next week’s meditation.
- Read assigned pages from the book or listen on the audiobook.
- The night before the call: Send me an email with your study sheet answers or send me an email check in report about your week, the material and meditation.
- Meet together on the phone Wednesdays at 4:30 pm PST. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/975391878 Or Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll), Then Dial Meeting ID: 975 391 878.
- The recording of the call will appear on the website within 48 hours of the class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the URL to your group’s page which will have the links to all past calls.
I look forward to hearing about your progress.