Module 108 – Shame: The Teacher of Self-Esteem
Class 8-1 The Question: Am I Good Enough?
Reading: Chapter 10 p.261-272
Meditations in book, audiobook, video: Experience Shame p.266 (Track 318 – Exercise 45), (10 minutes from 38:00 to 48:00)
Daily Practice: Finding Your Worth, p.270 (Track 322 – Exercise 46) (15 minutes from 56:00 to 1:11:00)
Some main points about Shame:
– Shame deals with what you think of yourself, and how what others think of you affects you.
– It’s about comparing and competing in the conflicting needs of being true to yourself versus fitting in.
– We must learn to see ourselves beyond momentary events and history; to self- assess from a neutral place, from our heart. – Know your essence; a true, clear vision of the Self. We don’t always see that always beautiful vision.
– Shame’s pain drives us to remove the illusion of a limited or defective Self and to see the totality of our worth.
Please allow a moment for the video to load. Click on the video image to pause.
For 9-month Group Course students:
- ASAP: Watch the Video. Take time to note your experiences via the questions at the end of the meditations.
- Daily: Continue the meditation indicated in bold daily until you begin next week’s meditation.
- Read assigned pages from the book or listen on the audiobook.
- The night before the call: Send me an email with your study sheet answers or send me an email check in report about your week, the material and meditation.
- Meet together on the phone Wednesdays at 4:30 pm PST. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/975391878 Or Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll), Then Dial Meeting ID: 975 391 878.
- The recording of the call will appear on the website within 48 hours of the class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the URL to your group’s page which will have the links to all past calls.
I look forward to hearing about your progress.