Module 109 – Healing Your Wounds: Emotion’s Essential Role in Clearing Trauma
Class 9-2 We’re All Recovering: Update Old Coping Strategies
Reading: Ch. 11 p.304-311
Meditation: 19.5 min. from 14:30 to 35:00 on video; posture on page 57
In this class we look into the phenomena of trauma, survival-strategy coping mechanisms, their undesirable effects and how to resolve them. There is a good bit of explanation in the video, and I recommend that you use a simple breathing technique and meditate to explore viscerally during the class. Have in front of you a sheet for self-analysis and whatever you discover.
Please allow a moment for the video to load. Click on the video image to pause.
For 9-month Group Course students:
- ASAP: Watch the Video. Take time to note your experiences via the questions at the end of the meditations.
- Daily: Continue the meditation indicated in bold daily until you begin next week’s meditation.
- Read assigned pages from the book or listen on the audiobook.
- The night before the call: Send me an email with your study sheet answers or send me an email check in report about your week, the material and meditation.
- Meet together on the phone Wednesdays at 4:30 pm PST. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/975391878 Or Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll), Then Dial Meeting ID: 975 391 878.
- The recording of the call will appear on the website within 48 hours of the class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the URL to your group’s page which will have the links to all past calls.
I look forward to hearing about your progress.