Become a Certified Senses of the Soul Facilitator
Help others find peace using the SOS method.
This is for you if you:
- Want to help others handle difficult emotions using the Senses of the Soul method
- Wish to add powerful emotional healing to your current practice as a therapist, counselor, life coach, yoga teacher, or the like
- Want greater immunity from the strong emotions of those you work with
- Would like to take your own emotional wellness to a higher level
Guide clients and students to find emotional relief, deep healing and inner guidance.
As a Certified SOS Facilitator, you will be able to:
- Have confidence teaching and be comfortable working skillfully with people and their feelings
- Integrate the SOS methods into your existing practice
- Hold stand-alone workshops using the SOS meditations, exercises and concepts
- Use and sell the book and audios in such workshops/sessions
- Be known as a certified SOS Facilitator and market your work using the SOS nomenclature and trademark
Meet your guide
GuruMeher means “compassionate teacher”. He is the author of Senses of the Soul: Emotional Therapy for Strength, Healing and Guidance, the foundational work of Emotional Liberation trainings. His mission is to help humans use emotions skillfully to find peace and happiness.
GuruMeher is a certified Yoga Therapist and professional Life Coach. An original student of master Yogi Bhajan, he has delivered Kundalini yoga classes, workshops and teacher trainings to thousands of students internationally over the last 40 years.
“The healing from difficult emotions and trauma that I experienced in GuruMeher’s Emotional Liberation® training was so profound that I knew I wanted to help others do the same.
I continued studying with him in the SOS “Facilitator in Training” (FIT) program. To my amazement, I reached even greater personal freedom and flow with my troubling emotions – and greater joy!
GuruMeher inspired me to launch my own practice and we worked regularly to hone my coaching skills. Since being certified as a facilitator in this groundbreaking work, I am personally and professionally rewarded by bringing this much-needed work to the world.”
–Becca Williams, Facilitator, Emotional Liberation ®
The Certification Process
Becoming an SOS Facilitator is a 3-year process. The training year is mid-February through November each year. Here’s how it works:
Year 1: Experience Emotional Liberation
Take the course for your own growth and healing. Experience the transformation that happens as you learn to master the SOS method. You can only know how to work with others’ emotions by knowing how yours work, and you can only know them by direct experience. As you get comfortable and know your way around your inner emotional world, you can live with others and help people without reacting. If you’ve already completed the course, you can start at Year 2.
Year 2: Help facilitate Emotional Liberation and learn to coach using the SOS method
Experience the course a second time as you attend the weekly calls and do all the practices again along with the class. FIT students report this second year completes the personal work that began in year 1. You will go deeper and realize much more about yourself. In terms of learning to administer the work, you will:
- Receive monthly private coaching with GuruMeher to further personal growth
- Participate in weekly Facilitator In Training (FIT) calls to learn how to coach using the SOS Method
- Examine the coaching process, discuss student process and progress from the group calls and plan upcoming classes
You will assist GuruMeher with the Emotional Liberation Course as needed. You may be required to:
- Present material during course sessions as assigned and independently answer student questions and eventually lead group calls
- Review student homework in confidentiality
- Coach students and lead participants through the SOS process during live course sessions (virtual and in person)
- Share personal experiences, past and present, to illustrate SOS concepts
- Work one-on-one with students
Please refer to the Facilitator In Training Agreement for full details and requirements.
Third year: Help facilitate Emotional Liberation and build your practice
After 2 years of personally using this work and helping many others you will be working closely with students, coaching and leading sessions. If you practice another healing modality, you will likely have already begun integrating SOS work into it. You will begin or expand your healing/ coaching skills and practice with continued weekly FIT meetings, monthly personal coaching sessions, and group call facilitation.
NOTE: Licensed professionals who come to Emotional Liberation with significant applicable experience and skills, may be eligible on a case-by-case basis to complete certification in 2 years. If you feel this applies to you, please discuss with GuruMeher.
“Your work has done wonders for me and so many of my clients with shame and lack of self love. It helps me to continue on my road with strength and compassion.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What will SOS Certification allow me to do?
You’ll be qualified to:
- Hold standalone workshops and conduct one-on-one sessions using the SOS meditations, exercises and concepts.
- Market those offerings using the Senses of the Soul name and service mark.
- Help your clients and students resolve troubling feelings using the SOS method
- Integrate the SOS tools and methods into your existing practice
Check out the Facilitator In Training Agreement for pricing and more details.
I’ve taken Emotional Liberation before. Does that count?
Yes, provided that you met the minimum attendance requirements and completed the course to GuruMeher’s satisfaction. You cannot miss more than one live weekend or two phone calls; make up work is considered. Email GuruMeher to confirm.
What happens after I fill out the application?
GuruMeher will contact you to let you know your application status and invite you to schedule an interview if appropriate.
Can I do this from anywhere in the world?
Yes, it is all connected through the internet. We have so far always worked out the time zone differences and will address that up front.
What will my responsibilities be during training?
Your responsibilities for supporting Emotional Liberation will include presenting course materials, reviewing student homework, guiding participants through the SOS process, sharing personal experiences to illustrate SOS concepts, and participating in planning meetings.
In addition, you will be working with GuruMeher one-on-one on a monthly basis and participating in weekly FIT calls to learn to coach using the SOS method.
Please refer to the Facilitator In Training Agreement for full details.
What happens if I have to miss a session?
It will happen. Let GuruMeher know as soon as possible to accommodate absences.
Is it possible to become FIT certified without taking the 1st or 3rd years?
Licensed professionals with significant applicable skills and experience may apply and be considered for completing the course with credit for their history.